I woke up this morning with a thought.
Why does healthcare cost so much?
Then I thought: It’s because doctors charge an arm and a leg for their services.
Then I thought: Forget about us young folks, why do the old people need to pay so much for healthcare? Can’t the doctors cut them some slack?
I don’t know if I talked about money with you guys before but I hate it. Plain and simple. People put prices on things based on what THEY think it should cost. All the way down to the parts that make something…. Let me explain….
A person sells rubber. Its just rubber, in its basic form, could be used for anything. This person only had to GET the rubber. They did not have to invent it. AND EVEN IF THEY DID! What should it cost? That person gets to decide! If they want to, they can charge less for it. They can shave profits to make it affordable. Continue reading
I have been dieting and exercising lately. A lot more than ever!
Here is my video diary of the progress… Don’t say anything about that crazy screen shot! lol
There are 3 other videos besides this one, but I have not continued my journal because I have been super busy….
I would like to share some tips that are little, very insignificant things you can do to trim down. These tips will not turn you into a model (even though we all know any woman can be a model regardless of size) but they will help you start to make healthy changes.
1. Cut off the soda! To much sugar. You will lose a couple of pounds just by cutting the soda and drinking 100% fruit juices and water.
2. Share desert! If you go out with a friend and you just have to have that cheesecake, split it.
3. Cut back on meat! Not protein, meat. There are lots of healthy ways to get protein, which is what our bodies need. Our bodies do not really NEED MEAT. No where on the nutrition guidelines does it say that you need a good supply of meat in your diet, it says PROTEIN. When I went vegetarian, I lost 15 pounds in a month. Why? Because my bowels were able to breath! Meat sticks around in your body longer than anything else. Cut back and stick to lean meats.
4. Bake don’t fry! Fried food is a killer, everything that can be fried, can be baked, look it up.
5. Check the food pyramid! Knowledge is power! http://www.mypyramid.gov/ will give you all the details you need about eating healthy! It will even tell you how many calories you need in a day. Get familiar with it.
In closing, my Queens, There is no harm in starting small. A small start is still a start.
Big Kiss (^_^) QueenPinky
I was watching The Closer on TNT Monday night and the episode centered around the topic of organ donation.
The criminal in the show was killing young men, setting it up to look like some kind of mob killing and harvesting the organs. Once the criminal got the organs he gave them to people on the organ donor list with devastating conditions. Children on the edge of life mostly.
The young men he killed were guilty of a very horrendous crime against a young woman and the criminal felt justified. Now, I’m not here to get into all the “was he right to do that” junk, but when Dr. Criminal was caught, at the end, he was removing a heart from one of the boys and he was going to give it to a young girl awaiting surgery. When I say awaiting, I mean, in anesthesia. So in the end, the girl got the heart anyway, even though it was evidence in a crime.
I Love The Closer.
I am writing this so I can change your minds about organ donation.