How to get over your ex in 7 days!
I got a strange call on June 1st and it turned my life upside down. I had plans to move forward and those plans got shut down with one phone call. It was a call from a guy who I wanted to become serious with. He put me on friendship status. The reason it was so heart wrenching for me was because everything seemed sooooo right and all of a sudden I found out I was wrong for him. Not that anything was wrong with me, cuz that’s not possible (^_^) but that he was not ready and yada yada. I was very caught up in him, not to mention I had probably two months earlier, just broken up with a guy and it was rrrrough. So This morning I cried soooo hard, like a giant baby. I rolled around on the bed and screamed and almost threw up, but when I got up, I felt better and I remembered the things I do to get over my ex’s.
Please note: these tips should be used as needed and quickly. The sooner you start the better. Sometimes you only need one or two of these things to help you get in your right mind. I always start slow and work into full fledged forgetfulness of that person. If you try everything I say and none of that works, email me.
- Cry: Like a baby. Let it all out. I always tell my sisters that crying is sooooo good for you. It is cleansing. As I said above I cried so hard I almost threw up. I cried for two days before deciding to do step 6, which I will get to soon. There is no time limit on crying but the problem with it is that you don’t want everyone asking you “What’s wrong?”. We do want you to eventually stop crying but before you get to far into this check list, feel free to cry. You are not weak for doing so.
- Talk it out: Leaving everything inside is a great way to go crazy. That’s why I suggest crying also. I always talk to my other Queens to help me get a different perspective and opinion, not to mention they totally stroke my ego with things like “You can do better,” “He was no good for you,” “You’re to fine to be crying like that,” etc. (^_^) I ♥ my Queens. People who are outside often see the issue from a non-love-blinded point of view. Not to mention when you are breaking up you often feel inadequate and you need a reminder that you are awesome.
- Stop listening to “Our” song: Recipe for disaster!!!! Those sexy, romantic songs you used to listen to that reminded you of your man are O-U-T! I believe you should dive into music to help you feel happy but it usually helps me when I listen to music that is the OPPOSITE of what he and I used to like together. For instance, I can usually get real comfortable with 50 Cent: Get Rich or Die Trying after a break up because it’s pure Gangsta Rap and nothing about it is sentimental. Not even 21 questions.
- Get a good book: Reading is the door to the world. Get out of your house with a great book. Even when you put it down you will think of it and so many books have movies now that you can back up your book with a little cinema! The books I decided to read were Big Boy Brwaly Brown by Walter Mosley and Ice Cold by Tess Gerritsen. Just my luck, all the Tess Gerritsen books are now being made into a TV show on TNT! YES!
- Rearrange/Clean: Get into your home, throw his crap out, move your crap around. Get his smell out of you bed and your couch. Do some spring cleaning. That will help to get rid of the memories.
- Create: Get artistic or just do something you are great at. I would do photography but that reminds me of hhhim. I’ll get back into that later. This blog is my creative. This is what I decided to do when I stopped crying and it helped a lot. It took my mind off hhhim and all his ugh. Paint, draw, write, sing, dance, yodel. Whateva.
- Find a Muse: find someone who you can love from a distance. A celebrity, singer, rapper, sports player who will make you happy doing what they would be doing anyway, had you not had a bad break up. My muse right now is Usher Raymond. I am in so much love with him right now and I would advise EVERYONE to go get Raymond V. Raymond because that CD makes me fall in love with him all over again. He is awesome. My other muse is Kevin Hart and if you do not know him, you are a sad individual. He is a comedian and makes me laugh so hard that I cry. That’s the only reason a man should make a woman cry.
- Focus on you: The first thing I did when I started to get over my ex before this ex was get my wardrobe in order and add makeup to my daily routine. I got so beautiful, just for me, not for anyone else and it was soooo nice. I felt better about myself and I liked what I saw. Changing from you’re normal routine in anyway will help.
- Party: Go out! Staying in the house is another recipe for disaster. Get the girls together and go for a night on the town. Eat, dance, have a drink and focus on enjoyment. If you’ve done numbers 1-8, then you are more in your right mind by now and a night on the town will not be hard for you. If you go out with your queens then they will look out for your best partying interest.
- Flirt: Last but not least, enjoy some male company and get real friendly with a guy. I am NOT advising that you find a new boyfriend, AT ALL. As a matter of fact, I am advising the opposite. You need time to heal. If you rush, like I did, you will suffer. BUT flirting is fair game. Men appreciate you, and don’t let that bum you used to date make you think otherwise. Get out there and bat your eyes, have a dance and get a drink on him. You are not obligated to go home with him or marry him. Fun is fun and the number one thing I have found to restore my self esteem is male attention.
Just remember that its all about you when you break up. You have revolved your life around hhhim, so long, you are now lost. Find yourself, fast. You are great, special, wanted, needed and appreciated. If he don’t love you, then YOU love you, and I love you!
Big Kiss (^_^) Queen Pinky